Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: New Tool Cd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    New Tool Cd

    from toolband.com


    TRACK LISTINGS FOR 10,000 DAYS

    Here's the track listing for the new TOOL ALBUM entitled 10,000 DAYS set to be released on MAY 2nd, 2006.

    Vicarious
    Jambi
    Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
    10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
    The Pot
    Lipan Conjuring
    Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
    Rosetta Stoned
    Intension
    Right In Two
    Viginti Tres

  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Tool Cd

    According to a posting on Tool's official web site, Tool's new album will be titled "10,000 Days". An early May release is expected.

    In a recent interview with Britain's Kerrang! magazine, the members of Tool spoke about the 77-minute, 11-song prog-metal odyssey, which is said to be packed with plenty of eight minute-plus twisted riff-a-thons, odd-tempo polyrhythms and the band's trademark, eerie interludes.

    Click Here!
    "We've all been listening to a lot of Meshuggah," admitted guitarist Adam Jones. "I see a lot of them in us and us in them, and they really have a very experimental prog side to them. I don't think it was like, 'Okay, right here were going to play like Meshuggah,' but more, 'Oh my God, that's come out a Meshuggah moment.'"

    "We have the most retarded President we've ever had, and we're frustrated and that's the reason it's a little heavier this time," drummer Danny Carey told Kerrang! "That level of frustration back like when we first got the band together: we were products of that ----ing Reagan thing, we were pissed off and bummed out, we had that angst, and now it's coming forth again: like it or not, we're products of our environment. We're pissed off again."

    "I think for me, and this is just personally, the last few years have really been crushing," singer Maynard James Keenan told Kerrang! "For me, as an artist, I needed to see on some level if speaking my mind would actually inspire people "? you see the sky falling and you feel like you've got to say something. I think of prior Tool albums 'Aenema' and 'Lateralus', lyrically, I had this idea of trying to share things and push some kind of higher purpose "? enlightenment, this global consciousness thing "? and everything that's going on nowadays has kind of left me a little disappointed, a little bummed.

    "So I think on this album I've talked more about my personal stuff, things that I needed to get off my chest," he added. "It's a little cynical and it's almost like coming from a sad place. There's some hope in it, but it's more back to rock and roll basics, just expressing some very big sadness that's from the gut."

    "This is our blues record, were singing the blues!" joked Carey.

    "The difference is before, we had that young spunk and we thought we could actually say something and help people realize these things" continued Keenan. "But now, the anger is more of a frustrated anger, and me sitting back and going, 'Okay, I'm going to shut up now, I'm going to stop ranting and trying to be chicken little telling you that the sky is falling, I'm going to just let you guys get hit in the head.'"

    Thanks for the info to 411mania.com.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Tool Cd

    Sounds promising. Has to be better than Lateralus (a little jab at Biggin'. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). I don't see any comparison to Tool and Meshuggah though. Totally oposite. So, that should be a weird change.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: New Tool Cd

    Id almost gurantee thats not correct.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Tool Cd

    Find me proof otherwise.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Tool Cd

    [ QUOTE ]
    Id almost gurantee thats not correct.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Co-sign what lifer said...as I mentioned before, they did this same thing with Lateralus...in the January before the May it came out in 2001, Lateralus was supposedly named Systema Encephale. All the publicity people for the album were hyping it up with that title, and when the album actually hit stores, it was Lateralus.

    Not saying this won't be it, but I'm just saying this isn't 100% foolproof lead-pipe lock information, regardless of where you got it from.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Tool Cd

    Toolband and Toolshed have both verified.

    The first single is due to be released April 17th, I believe the track listing looks accurate.

    Tool has been known to delve in trickery, so if its not correct, it wouldnt suprise me.

    But this is the track listing that sounds closest to a Tool album that I have seen posted.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: New Tool Cd

    Word on the Down boards is that its a ploy to keep illegal downloading to a minimum. The webmaster of the offical Tool site is the one who releases the fake ones, it may very well be correct, I would be really surprised if it is. A Perfect Circle did the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •